Babu Bangaram movie of victory Venkatesh used the ayyo, ayyayyayo from Bobili Raja

On the rocky terrain of the poshest edge of the city at Film Nagar, enjoying the breeze, carefree about box office bearings and sipping some lemon tea is Venkatesh Daggubati aka Venky, the Peddhodu, clad in classic black Armani jacket looking like a stud with some stubble. With Ramana Maharishi books on his table and teachings on his television screen, he might come across as the Raghavendra from Sankranthi, but when he stands up and gives a firm handshake, he will remind us of DCP Ramchandra from Gharshana and when he starts to infuse some craziness into his words, your brain will stimulate to make you release that he is Gharshana + craziness + touchy = Babu Bangaram right now.

In those black rectangle frame glasses and a shiny ring on his left ear, Venky looks at the beautiful view of the city outside and shares how director Maruthi was trying to write something fresh for him. “He told me I am going to be a soft, sympathetic cop. Its difficult to be soft in such a force. In an entertaining fashion, we show how things go against him and how tries to turn into a tougher guy. You can see me looking a little more stylish, like how I looked in films a decade ago,” he smiles. “We have cleverly used the ayyo, ayyayyayo from Bobili Raja, which grabbed the attention of the audience,” he informs.

He is unapologetic about admitting that he had done his bit of partying in his younger days, when he returned from the US and now he is in a different phase where he has discovered himself as a different person, following the path of Ramana Maharishi and many more great masters. “I was born all over again, when I found this path. I found the missing element of my life,” he shares with  profound enthusiasm.
Although he calls himself a boring man, there is a spark of craziness in him. He laughs and says his college days were mischievous, and the crazy side of him is for his kids. “I am a joker with them. They get to the side which no one ever gets to see. It’s like a party everyday at home,” he laughs.

So how does he let off his steam when he is fuming? “Tamil!” he says. “In the early days of my career, when something would go wrong, I used to go aside and freak out in Tamil and feel good. Things would fall in place after that. It has a powerful slang,” he recalls, looking at the wall with his fingers running over his beard..

Venky loves surprises and thefore, by default, is not a big social media fan. “Social media has everything ranging from reviews of food joints, movies to where someone has gone and how it feels at that place. It’s good that people are able to give firsthand info, but I love surprises, exploring life, places, movies, food and many more. I don’t want to go with a preconceived notion. I want to explore and enjoy the suspense that life offers,” he smiles ear to ear. Isn’t he right?

“I want to be child-like, unaware and crazy.”

For those who are wondering how he manages to look so dapper at 55, here’s another surprise. “When jeans first stepped into India, I was one of the first guys to pick it up. I used to buy  regular jeans and give it an acid wash and spend days getting rocks and acid. I came back from US with best of the jackets and other garments. I was one of the first guys with stud on my ear and purple streaks when nobody even knew what that meant in India. I was ahead in fashion and then suddenly fashion took the nation by a storm. I still have a few best and trendy clothes, which I am sure people wouldn’t have and I will surprise them sometimes,”he winks. “I do get a high when I wear something, nobody has got. It feels great to stand out,” he bursts out laughing.

One point that would blow ourmind is Venkatesh loves to dance. He shares it aloud that if he goes partying and takes the dance floor, he wouldn’t stop dancing till the morning. “I enjoying dancing like nobody is watching. I dance non-stop. Now, I have slowed down. I barely go to parties and can’t dance nonstop for obvious reasons,” he quips.


http://www.newindianexpress.com/entertainment/telugu/New-face-of-victory-Venkatesh/2016/08/10/article3571553.ece

Comments